26 June 2022

A Journey to Dubai

Hey you, how are you?

It's been a while since I tell you a story about my journey.

Uncertainty has never been easy.

It's okay not to be okay (:

My inner circle has started to seek a new opportunity somewhere else, meanwhile I felt unworthy to even try. But, as you might already knew from my last article, I have my own goals now and I have been working hard on it. All those restless nights, all those ups and downs. I feel tired yet I feel validated at the same time. It's not easy to keep up with everything I've put aside for the past 4 years. I believe everyone walking in their own timezone, but it doesn't mean we can just accept it. It feels strange, I feel the rush to be ambitious. All thanks to my support systems, you know who you are.

Sometimes I feel frustrated if I compare myself with someone's achievements, because we don't always put the same effort. Nothing came easy in life, means others experienced it too. During the struggle, I found articles written by my senior from college, he maintains a website named The Tiny Wisdom, he shared his works in all his social media so whenever I encountered it I find peace. This article: The Brick Walls Are Not There To Stop You really blown my mind. I opened another perspective to how I perceive life thanks to this article.

27.

Few days ago, June 23, I turned 27. I did self-retrospective, nothing much came out of it. The biggest achievement that I have accomplished within the past 12 months only that I managed to get out of my family house. I'm now based in Dubai, a progressive and ambitious city in Middle East. Dubai was never in my plan, and yet I find myself enjoying life here. My 26yo self would not believe it. But here I am. I managed to get offers from 2 companies -- one from Berlin, which I still can't believe it myself. My friend projected that I'll probably get offer after 1 year trial but the things happened so fast. Now I can say things like "effort won't betray the result".

With this new page, I would like to write a progressive story of my life. I want to improve personally, professionally, and spiritually. There are a lot of things that I have to deal with, and I hope everything will be resolved one by one. Actually, I have to believe in myself that I'm going to resolve it one at time. Please, wish me luck. My old self would share about my next goal recklessly, but now I will keep it for myself and will share to you about the learnings next year, LOL.

Dubai.

I didn't think that much before I decided to relocate. I thought it will be the same just like traveling somewhere by yourself. It was indeed the same feeling, because I was still thinking that I can always go back home when things go hard. Now things are different, I have to stand on my own. I have to be responsible of my present and my future. It's been only 7 months, yet I learned so many things! I can say that it is indeed a life changing. I met various people here, with their own personality and experience, and thankfully I can always get to know something new every time.

Here, I also experienced romance. Not a smooth ride, but I'm aware of the possible reasons behind meeting these people. God really knows the best. Sometimes I felt ashamed of my old pray, but now I know better cause I know what I really need in my life. Need, not want. Who knows that Dubai will teach me about life?


I am happy that I get to share these things with you guys, I'm not sure if you're there or not -- but yeah thanks again for staying. I hope I can always keep in touch with this blog😂


See you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment