1 December 2017

Museum MACAN


Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art in Nusantara. This museum has been operated since early November 2017 until March 2018. A friend of mine, named Vina (which helps me in the previous article), ask me to go there. Then another friend of mine, named Sujan, also ask me to go there. Then here we go!


Before we went there, I seek for the general information such as operation hour, ticketing, and the exact location. Its operation time just like any other museum in Jakarta which is opens from Tuesday till Sunday (10 a.m. - 7 p.m.) and located inside Wisma AKR, West Jakarta. They also provide online ticketing which you can accessed through here.



I read several recommendation to visit this museum to avoid the crowded is weekday or early weekend. But you know, I can't visit on weekday so I go with the second recommendation. I arrived there around 10 a.m. and you know what that people already queueing along the entrance! Meanwhile I still need to buy the tickets first. Lucky you if you had your student card, you will get student ticket price by 10,000 IDR reduction from adult ticket price (50,000 IDR). After that, a friend of mine being told by the security there to keep the bag at the deposit box. He said that the bag is larger than the permitted regulations. So if it really matter for you, you better bring out a less than medium size bag.

There are several regulations that you have to pay attention. The guard on the entrance will ask if you already understood their rules. Mainly, do not bring any food or beverage, no flash, and keep your voice soft. I really don't remember the rest. But you know, it's quite noisy inside! Well, maybe I'm one of them.



As I enter the museum part, my friends and I start another queue for the infinity room by Yayoi Kusama. It's the most unique arts. We had to queue for around an hour maybe? I do not really pay attention, but it's a long way to go and we only had 45 seconds inside the room with maximum of two peoples. But you may get lower duration depends on demand. Unluckily, there is a staff inside the room and get spotted on my hard-to-take and to-much-struggle-queueing-up picture! I knew that the staff needs to alert the visitor inside, hehe.



Then we spend more hour on the gallery. It's really awesome! A lot of arts, there's also a lot of staffs and visitors. It's quite small i think (even though I got stiff legs afterwards) compare to national gallery. The arts not only about imagination, but also idea, illustration of reality, memories, any other intention that I could not describe.



The visitors starts to come to an understand to take turns for taking pictures on the certain spot, but the other are not that understanding. It's okay. You just need to be patience, and also remember that this is a museum where people want to enjoy art sight-seeing and not to taking-instagram-photos.

If you left the main gallery, the security will ask whether if you want to come in again or not, because you will need a stamp on your hand if you want to enter again. Beside the main gallery, there is also children exhibition in which you could paint on a drawing or shading an embossed drawing. I thought that I still have passion in art, but I got no patience in shading the embossed drawing! It's a total disaster.




Tips:
  • Come early before 10 a.m to avoid the long queue. Because I need to queue up even though I arrived around 10.15 a.m.
  • Bring your student card and save 10,000 IDR for the entrance ticket.
  • Right after entrance, you have to queue up for the Infinity Room directly!
  • Bring small bag, you could see the allowed size from the pictures above or any other references picture.
  • I think mobile phone camera is enough to take the pictures, but it's okay to bring your mirrorless camera.
  • Follow the regulations to respect others' rights.



No comments:

Post a Comment