11 February 2018

ArtScience Museum Singapore



I bet you already heard about this museum! This museum has different exhibition and I'm really curious about the "Future World". Yeah, it's crystal universe is really impressive. But I would like to give you a little tips for you, first timer!

Before visit, please make sure that you already saw the information on its website, click here. We arrived there around 4 p.m. and still make it to the museum after the long queue! Like other museum, you're not allowed to use flash. I'm not a pro, so I just use my iPhone's camera...easier to handle. And someone's camera, lol.

We were very curious and excited to see all the creative touch but really want to have another good shot for Instagram feed. My friend told me that he wants to take a lot of pictures to make catalogue of himself, very funny.



The Wave.
Its an opened room with waves hologram on the wall and comfy couch on the center of the room. So many tourists take a light seat even taking nap here! It's quite dark, cool, and not so much noise so it is indeed comfortable. For good shot, we need to wait for the wave movement! I don't mind having the blue waves on my face, but others prefer to have white waves on the face.



The Slide.
My friend really interested to take a boomerang --one of Instagram product-- video on this installation! Because this is a slide, we need to take the shoes off. We were sliding numerous time just to get the perfect video until my butt getting hot. Another tips: communicate how you want the video recorded and how you command to start it before going up.





The Blocks.
It is super cute. It shows "Leave me alone, I'm charging". It's really charging! I saw the staff exchange the blocks to be charged. Kids love to move and rearrange the blocks on the floor.



The Very-Beautiful Waterfall.
When I saw this installation, I was mesmerized. We were like found a diamond between rocks, or found gold between mud. I don't want to take picture with it, but want to take picture of it. It's super long, so I only could take picture half of it.



The Balloons.
Actually, the balloons is the ceiling of a mini playground for children. We could get inside too, but I don't quite remember what they were doing in the playground...perhaps playing cotton ball? Not really sure.





The Crystal Universe.
Finally, the long wait has finally come to an end. *Drama*. It's a super long queue, even the staff was frequently shouting out "Keep moving, it's a long queue.". Don't forget to maintain your backpack, and make sure not to hit the installation. It's a long aisle with light on your side, with a lot of people on the front and back. It's really disappointing, so I decided to take silhouette photographs at the end. The light is changing, so we were trying to define its pattern. Because I want the light in a specific way. And you know..... we could define it from the controller at the corner.



The Crow.
It's the first installation, but inside a room so we decided to save this for the last. The staff told us that the movie will be played mainly on the front and suggest to take a seat on the floor if you're too dizzy. The movie is animation, but it's not like cartoon like we watch on the cinema these days. It's a story about a crow from an egg till it could explore the sky with its beautiful feathers. It's hard to explain the animation... let me think for a sec. It's more likely a slow-motion animation with monochrome painting on canvas in large scale.

Ah and all over the floor there are hologram of sea creatures, like huge catfish and jelly fish swimming on the aisle. This museum is good for children, they could paint and display their masterpiece live here. They could have fun too with creative and interactive stuff here. Your ticket is valid for single entry, so if you have exit you could not enter from the main gate again. But you could enter from the exit door.



Because I had limited time to visit this museum, so I didn't have a chance to visit all the exhibitions. I chose Future World. It is costs S$19 for adult, quite expensive right? But don't worry, you could cut off this price by signing up on Sands Rewards Lifestyle. After registered, for iPhone's user you could add the membership card into Wallet for convenient. You could get promotion of Buy 1 Get 1 by showing up the membership at the ticket counter. Then, the staff told us that one membership could be used for four tickets! So, a member could buy 4 tickets with only S$38. Even though it's the same rule with Buy 1 Get 1, it's easier to create a single account for a group of four.

No comments:

Post a Comment