15 July 2018

Traveling to Solo




Solo, or its fame name as The City of Batik. I have visited Solo several times in the past four years, and finally a very best friend of mine has completed her bachelor degree this December. I attended her graduation, which probably the last time I would visit Solo. I may visit this little and humble city again some other time for different occasion.



Here we go! The weather was so nice, a perfect day to be onboard. One hour later, I arrived in Solo, and suddenly Solo has traffic jam! Actually, this is occasionally happens when UNS held a graduation. After finished the main highlight of this trip, I decided to go to hotel.

I would spend my 2 nights here at a two-star and budget hotel named Amaris. Located near Sriwedari Park. Usually I booked something from its official sites, but Amaris reservation needs credit card. I tried to contact their reservation centre but no response, so I continue the booking throught Traveloka. If you would like to have some discount, you better search it throughout travel platform such as Traveloka, TripAdvisor, Booking.com, Agoda, etc. Perhasp you got lucky deal. Fyi, I got 15% disc for hotel booking from Traveloka. 
If you have Traveloka App, you better look for on-going promo or if no need to hurry you better wait for the best deal.

As I arrived in Amaris, I show the booking code from Traveloka and the front officer confirmed any requirement and ask for physic identification card because they need to scan it. Then he passed me the room card. I spent 2 nights here

Here I come, the room is quite spacious! You could see their room here. It's indeed a large bed, because they unite two single bed into one, lol. They provide toiletries as well, but no hair comb. The toilet has shower with hot water. But about the cleanliness, hmm I saw a little bug (more likely a cockroach with light colour) on top of the table! And foot print on the bedcover. It serves good breakfast, I love their fried rice and kway tiaw. I'm satisfied.

Ah! They provide wifi as well, you might need to ask the front officer for its password.

The most complicated day ever. The night before, I was so confused how to arrange the second day. I don't like too spontaneous, so I look for it online. Like any other part of Java island, is left with hinduism or buddhist heritage. So, here we go to the most famous temple in Solo area.


Cetho Temple.

It's really far from Solo downtown. I have seek information about activities in Solo, and this temple came out. But consider the long route, I didn't expect too much to visit this place. But happily here I am! The ticket price is 7,000 IDR and we need to wear the plaid fabric. The temple is still active for religious praying. Like other temples, the higher you climb the smaller its gate. A friend of mine told me that "Nothing comes easy when you pursue for success".






On the way back, you will find several food stalls. They sell local snack such as deep-fried tempe and boiled corn. I love the idea about staying in a quite place like this during my old days, lol. It's temporary imagination, because I can't stand if its too much silence for a long time.

After Cetho, we're going down hill, and mesmerized by the scenic view. So we decided to pull over and take photos on the edge of the cliff.






Then we had lunch at Ndoro Donker. It's really comfortable, to have chit chat with cool breeze and tea garden as the view. But for the food...its rice is really not my kind of food. But they have good tea.









Next we visited Jumog Waterfall. Just like another waterfall, you need to climb the stairs! Thankfully it's not that long and steep if you chose the right entrance. They have two entrance, one of them is upper-part and the other one is lower-part. If you're coming from upper part, you need to go down the stairs which is enough steep, but if you're coming from lower part, you need to walk and climb not-so-steep stairs.







Then we had a night talks at a cafe, I do not really remember what cafe it was. Bye Solo, till next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment