29 November 2020

Traveling to Bangkok



Now, let's stroll around Bangkok. Here in Bangkok, you have many transportation choice. But I prefer GrabRide or GetWin (now Gojek) to MRT or SkyTrain. My legs haven't recovered from the cramps I got in Ayutthaya :") Here we go.

So I ride GrabCar to my accommodation, and luckily I can do early check-in. My hotel is located near Chao Phraya river, but quite a long ride from central mall. I don't know if it's central mall, but you can do mall hopping there. It's rather near the Asiatique. I love Asiatique. You can just chill with snacks and feel the night breeze by the river.

Prior my trip, I set another objective for Bangkok. I would love to visit:

1. Grand Palace

2. Asiatique

3. Thip Samai

4. Rambuttri Alley

I only set the list without further details. So next I look for "activity" to do in Bangkok. I found out about Nang Gin Kui. On their website, they said that they might not accept all the request. I put my best effort to write the letter. What I knew, in Nang Gin Kui they served various palace dish, and here we can have a chit chat with each other. So I reserved a seat! 




Day 7.

Let me talk more about my stay. I chose a guesthouse too, but with an upgraded room. I got spacious room, fluffy bed, and nice toilet. I even get a small refrigerator! I knew that this is not really a guest house when I get to use elevator inside the building. Why I choose to stay here? Just because their room looks very adorable. Try search "House of Phraya Jasaen". Their receptionist is very helpful, altho the receptionist man walk inside the room with his shoes on! -_- But, it's okay, he just try to be very friendly and kindly explain about the room.

I took a rest for a while (I was quite sleepy due to the "leg training", right?). After some time, I feel hungry and decided to go to Rambuttri Alley. The alley is full of restaurant, I love the ambiance here. Many local clothing shop, and many food truck.

From there, I go to the Grand Palace. So, first, I need to wear long trousers. Many local seller, sell it on the entrance side. Secondly, the entrance ticket fee is very pricey! They did not even accept card, cash only. I'm in. I'm curious as hell about the beautiful exterior my friend has posted on their social media account.

This time, I have the opportunity to look at the exterior with my own eyes. They attach a mirror-like pieces to the wall! That's why it's so shiny and unique. Inside, you can have free mineral water to drink, with shared mugs. I didn't drink it of course, and my bad too that I didn't have my bottle.

Previously I retrieved an email from Nang Gin Kui about the relocation. But the new location is quite tricky, even a local don't know where it is. So yeah, it's take time to get there. Once I get there, it was lovely set! With the music too! The host told me that they change the concept. Since it's no longer Nang Gin Kui, it's just like other restaurant where you can order food.

I ask about changing the main ingredients, they served pork curry but instead, I ask for beef curry. They are so kind that they allow me to order beef curry. Since they are still in relocation stage, they don't have the card machine yet, but they accept PayPal. The ambiance is very lovely, I might come again with a partner in the future.

The husband, served as the "public relation". He had short conversation with the guests and frequently ask if I need something or how the food taste. It's really delicious! Really. Then he told me that even the neighbours didn't quite know about "Nang Gin Kui". They also open for sunset mocktail here.

He asked me how do I get back from there, and I said "there, my ride, I just need to order from this App" and he was quite surprised since he didn't know about Grab App yet. From there, I go to Asiatique!

Many people has posted about the Asiatique ferris wheel. Soon as I get there, the festivity ambiance hit me right away. I buy a scope of ice cream, then start the night stroll. They have a make up store, clothing store, and they also have snack market at the back yard!

I smell a very strange scent, turns out it was coming out from the crocodile body of one of the stall! I forgot for a while that you can find crocodile meat, scorpion skew, and other insect snack here... It was quite strong and crisp scent. I don't really like the scent.

What a busy day.




Day 8.

I found a cute cafe which served a unicorn art latte in Sretsis Parlour. I really want to visit the cafe. It's located inside a high-end shopping mall. The interior is very intriguing, they also have a unicorn head at the center of the shop. My main goal is to order that unicorn latte, but I also need to buy a mini cake as background. I found a nice cake, a birthday cake, actually. I asked the waiter if they have small version, but turns out we have miscommunication since he moved my seat to the grande one below the unicorn head.

There there. The waitress came outside bringing the cake with candle on top of it. Really. So amusing. Ridiculous at the same time, since it's not my birthday anyway, and I wonder how he came to conclusion that I'm having a birthday. I didn't even show my passport. So here I am. Sitting under the unicorn, at the center of the shop with a birthday cake (that costs me +2000THB -- the most expensive birthday cake in my life so far).

I ate a piece of cake, and rushing back to the hotel once the shop got crowded. The hotel staff also looks confused why I bring such a huge shopping-cake-bag. Not my day. Really.

Let's go for Wat Arun. As I arrive at the entrance with a GrabRide, many tourist look out at my direction. It was quite embarrassing. Most of the tourist came by walking or van, but not me :) I'm too lazy to walk, and too poor to rent a van. As I learned from yesterday palace's visit, now I bring the long trousers again. I wear that at the gate, of course. The temple is not that grand, but it's tall and the stairs is quite small but steep. I walk around the temple, recording it. Until, I found another traveler that I think she would be a great help to capture a picture of mine! Thank you so much yaaa. After a while, I was looking for the port to cross the river, hoping that I might find a cafe across. But then, somehow I changed my mind and sit a while at the nearest cafetaria.



While sipping my coke, I remember about Thip Samai. A famous Pad Thai restaurant in Bangkok. My friends recommended this. So, in order to avoid the long queue, I prefer to come before the operational hour. The crowd has waited in front of the store, but nobody stand in line, so here I come as their #1 queue :)

They do briefing and pray together before open the store. Once the store opens, everyone works on their own capacity. They always lower their head after taking order and walk back for a few steps. They have guideline manner, I think. They also serve best orange juice! I love it. The taste between the Pad Thai and the Juice really complement one another. Thumbs up!

From there, I continue my trip to LINE store. No special reason, just want to visit, since I don't know if we have any LINE store here in Indonesia. Once I arrived, I just realized it's a huge complex of shopping mall. Integrated with Skytrain station. Not far from there, there is a BigQ Supermarket. You can find almost all the famous Bangkok snacks for fair price here.

For the night.....Actually I kind of forget.

What did I do that night? Hmm... I think I just take my time, eating the birthday cake earlier.




Day 9.

A friend of mine suggest me to visit Chatuchak Market. I don't feel like I want to go shopping at all after that cake... But since I'm here, why not? Let's pay a visit, maybe we find something interesting. What's interesting is that the seller can speak Bahasa. Her cloth made me interested, then she started to speak Bahasa to explain the price. When I said, I will be back after another round, she said that I won't be able to find this store again. I don't believe it, of course. I'm confident with my navigation skill. But... The market is very huge. I can't find my way back to my initial point. Ironic. Once I feel that I lost my way out, I could not think much. I just have to find the way out soon. ASAP. I need flight to catch up.

After another 15-30 mins, I finally out of the market. I had a watermelon juice before the ride came. Then another obstacle came. I wrongfully order a ride with "cash" payment. But thank god, I can afford the cost until the last coin. My wallet goes empty to pay the highway toll and the ride. Only rupiah left. I exchange the last rupiah for baggage wrapping at the airport.

I went to DMK for my flight. The queue is very long and looking messy. I just standby by another Indonesian, but after I exchange money she was gone. Then another group of 5 queue behind me. We talk to each other, due to some girl cut her way in the queue. We feel that we might miss the flight somehow, so I ask if some of them ask for help, since I can't left my luggage. And...yes, we're at the wrong counter. One of them is willing to give her baggage credit for me. Thank you, Kak <3. At first, she thought that my baggage was "JasTip", but no, it's my dirty laundry from Phuket. I didn't even shop that much, but somehow the dirty laundry take too much space.

Once we have our baggage stored, we ran so hard to the immigration. One of them can't go pass the immigration due to the missing paper, but the rest of us still continue the phase. They reunited right after we are going to find the gate. The gate location was very far away, we ran so hard. Once we reached the gate, turns out there's so many passengers behind us :") I sleep through out the flight. Too tired to be awake.

To summarize,

I stay at House of Phraya Jasaen

I enjoy Nang Gin Kui

I go anywhere with GrabRide

I also have this trip summary in my IG highlight, visit @tandins

I also have this trip recorded in my Youtube channel



That's all for my Thailand trip :)

Xoxo.


You can find my IG highlight stories for "Thailand"

No comments:

Post a Comment