20 December 2020

Traveling to Busan



Indonesia doesn't have a high speed train yet, so I want to try a high speed train in South Korea. I was inspired by "Train to Busan", so here I go to Busan for a day trip from Seoul. It's a 2 hours trip, so I booked a business class seat for Busan, and I booked an economy class seat for Seoul. My train should be departed by 6:30 AM, and I almost miss the train.

I have prepared myself for this high speed train experience. So, there are two types: ticket and pass. A ticket is for single trip (or one way) and pass is something you can use multiple times (can be round trip). I booked my ticket on Korail website. Previously I tried their site (or app?) on mobile phone, but they don't have seat selection page for english, but you can choose korean version to select seat.

I selected a ticket for Seoul Station to Busan Station using business class seat on 6:30AM. The seat map was 1-2. I chose a single seat, so I won't be interrupted with other passenger. The business class provide extra leg room, unlimited mineral water (you can take it on vending machine), and snacks. It costs around 84k KRW.

For going back to Seoul, I contemplated should I leave early or late. But then, I selected a ticket for Busan Station to Seoul Station using economy class seat on 8:00PM. The seat map was 2-2. I chose the window seat. The economy class provide enough leg room (the website stated that the seat is crafted for local average body length), and there is no snacks provided, but there will be vending machine for beverage. It costs around 60k KRW.

On the information page, it stated that we should print this e-ticket and show it to the staff on the station. I asked to my friend, is it really necessary to print it out? She said, no. Nowadays, Korean prefer digital to paper, but since the official site says so it's okay to have backup.

D-day.

I set an alarm for 5:00AM, 5:30AM, 5:45AM, 6:00AM, and 6:10AM. I woke up between 5:45AM to 6:00AM. My adrenaline rushed. I brushed my teeth and wash my face, then I packed all my "make up" to my backpack. I wore a mask with hair tied up.

I don't know what to expect, since in Indonesia, we need to pass through the security check. Here, I didn't see any security check. I just went right away to the platform. As I remember from Running Man (again), the train here will be on-time. So I have to standby at least 15mins before the train arrived. I managed to come 10mins prior to departure, since Seoul Station is only 1 station away from Myeongdong Station.

Once I board the train, I suddenly remembered "Train to Busan", what if... My departure date was not-so-long after the Halloween celebration, I kind of afraid that Korail will have an event with zombies. But luckily no, once the train is departing a waitress came out and give snacks directly to the passengers.

I took a nap, of course. After that, I wear make up around 30mins prior to arrival. I almost mistook "Ulsan" as "Busan". I drop off from the train, and ask once again to the cleaning service guy there. He said "Busan" while pointing out the train, so I board the train again. I ask one of the woman passenger if this is not Busan again to make sure. And thank god, it was Ulsan.

Finally arrived in Busan! Since in Seoul, I only use MRT to commute, here I want to use the public bus! I watched Sarah Ayu's IG story beforehand and she said that the bus driver is kind of like "speed", so I prepare myself for that. Just stay seated immediately once you board the bus. Since Busan road is fairly vacant, so the driver can speed up.

Busan was much colder than Seoul, or is it because of the wind? I have my itinerary prepared as always, but I kind of try to go out of the box, but instead turns into a disaster. I took the wrong bus, and my schedule for the day is messed up.

I went to Gukje Market. I forgot what I want to eat due to the previous unexpected situation, so I ended up at a tteokboki food stall. It was very different with Gwangjang Market. From there, I should go to Yongdusan, but I re-routed to Songdo Beach due to the entrance road is a bit intimidating.

In Songdo Beach, I sip my all-time-favourite Hazelnut Signature Chocolate from Starbucks. After that, I walk along the coastline to the Songdo sky cruise. I want to go on sky cruise in Hong Kong, but the situation is not conducive, so I decided to go on a sky cruise here in Songdo.


I wanted to go on a single trip for a cheaper price but since the staff can't tell me the destination point so yeah I buy the round trip ticket. I ended up at a Jurassic Park. LOL. So many dinosaurs there. Actually, it is a park with walking track. But I'm too lazy to walk, so I just sit around the station.

When I went to the station for my cable car ride back to Songdo Beach, there is a queue for standard cable car, meanwhile there is no queue for sky cruise. What's the difference? Sky cruise has transparent floor, so you can look out the sea below you. Once I walk past the queue, I can feel the ahjusshi's eyes are all on me LOL. I like the sky cruise, the songdo beach looks cyrstal clear.



From here, I went to Gamcheon Village with taxi. The taxi fare is more affordable than Seoul. Here, I tried Seollongtang, but not like it very much. It was bland for me, I need some MSG 😂. The neighborhood is very lovely. All I like about South Korea is cleanliness. The Gamcehon Village is also drain up my energy. So I decided to go to the next destination, Haeundae Beach.

How to pronounce it? It's Hae-un-dae, not ha-eun-dae ya. I spell it wrong and the bus driver can't help me. Oh! Here in Busan, the public bus may not have an alphabetic bus stop LCD. And it will be hard to count the bus stop if there's no passenger board in or drop off the bus. I almost miss my stop, but before it happened I asked a kind ahjumma that seat at the back of me. She understood me 🥺so I can finally drop off from the bus and went to Haeundae Beach by the MRT.



I took a mandatory photograph here in the beach, then I looked up for grilled clams! The seafood price is quite high (around 45k KRW), so I asked if they accept visa card (how to pronounce: bi-ja- ka-deu). I ordered a grilled clams only, but somehow they gave me another platter (but of course with the grilled clams). I don't know if this is common or not, but the owner assigned an ahjumma to help me grill the seafood. 



Now I lost myself, I don't know for sure what I want to share to you. Let me check my to-do list.

  • Korail Bullet Train ✅
  • Public bus ✅
  • Sky cruise ✅
  • Seafood ✅

I think that's all for my one day trip to Busan. I love Busan! Now, I have another bucket list for seafood in Busan:
  1. Snow crab
  2. Milmyeon
  3. Eonyang bulgogi
  4. Dongnae pajeon
...and some said that Gijang Market is cheaper than Jagalchi Market. Check out my Busan vlog!




You can find my IG Highlight Story for "South Korea"

No comments:

Post a Comment