9 December 2018

Traveling to Bromo

Mount Bromo is an active volcano and part of Tengger massif in East Java. The name, Bromo, derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god. To reach this area, you could fly to Malang Airport or Surabaya Airport. I have been to Bromo several times, but this time I visit Bromo with my new friends for a short getaway on weekend. Let these pictures tell the complete stories...



Just arrived at Juanda Airport, we were waiting for the driver and talking about the old time most favourite tv series named Bidadari, lol.

We found this rawon restaurant in Sidoarjo when we were on the way to Bromo from Juanda Airport. I forgot the restaurant name, but for sure Dendeng is not suitable with Rawon. Its taste so salty, and I don't get it what is gone so wrong.

Hilariously, I only wear denim jacket with thin t-shirt! I was freezing, and decided to buy a couple of gloves on the spot.

Hot noodles to the rescue!
And a glass of sweet hot tea, of course.

We arrived at the peak of Yadya Kasada,
annual event of Tengger Tribe, so expect some crowd and traffic jam.
What is Yadya Kasada?
It is an annual event where people of Tengger travel up the mountain
in order to make offerings of foods, flowers,
and sacrifice of livestock to the mountain gods
by throwing them into the caldera of the volcano.




I only use my smartphone camera,
and it sucks that I need to hold it tightly for sunrise time-lapsing.
The beauty.


After hide and seek game, we finally made it to take a mandatory self-camera.

The sun goes up.

The fog slowly fade, and the land slowly show itself.


The traffic jam is real.
We can't wait any longer in this heavy traffic.

And during this traffic,
Thomas came out to take pictures while squat down.


And Echon enjoy his nap in the jeep.


While me, enjoying the view at the moment.


And this is Amal.

We were hiking down the hill!


We walked down while enjoying the scenery
while taking a lot of landscape pictures.

Slowly reaching out the bottom of the hill.


Thomas and his go-pro.
Feat. Dini and Echon at the back.

...and here we were. Mingle with the crowds.
I'm not sure if they were the festival participants or the tourists.

...and Echon can't let us to have picture by ourselves.

This is Pura, where the event from last night take place.
Mount Bromo just too crowd,
so were heading to savannah directly.

Good lens you got, Amal.
This is me, and I didn't have any morning shower beforehand.

Lol, a candid shot with some nice vintage effect.

Enough with Bromo pictures, let's head out to Malang!

We were visiting this attraction.
Malang Night Paradise.
It is located inside a private housing.
What's inside? Let's see!
I don't get it why Echon
asked Janette to take his picture
with this heart shape
while his hands show rock pose.

Another mandatory pose.

His camera is for photographer pro only,
so the lcd can't be flipped.
And it's blurry.

On the next morning, we look around these colourful villages.

Ah, sometimes being tall can be hard.

This bridge's floor should be transparent,
but somehow it is very blurry and feels like other common bridge.

Lol, I was starving enough and craving for traditional snacks.

Next thing we were separating. The boys continue the journey to Batu, Janette going home from Malang, and I continue the journey back to Surabaya. I never stroll around the city. I was visiting Surabaya on 2005 for transit only since I was heading to Madura for chess competition. So, I was expecting another culinary in this city.


My love, chocolate ice cream.
Feels like the old times,
from the taste to ambiance.

My favourite, Bu Rudy Restaurant.
Actually, I can't get enough with single portion!
But I need to taste other dish...



It is Wedang Uwuh if I'm not mistaken.
It's good, similar to ginger hot tea but with a lot of additional ingredients,
and it is hot for a really long time.
So you better not order this if you are going for a short time visit.

It is ketan susu with jackfruit as its topping.
Its taste sweet and chewy.


Looks like I've spent good times in Surabaya, since all the itinerary only cuisine! Thank you to Rafli and family who willingly accompany me during a very short visit to Surabaya.

No comments:

Post a Comment