17 September 2016

Solo: Keraton Solo

My journey this time, isn't stop in Malang. After Malang, I went to Solo to visit my best pal Song Sujan. At first we arranged to go to Malang together, but because my other pal (which is currently study in Brawijaya University) bought the ticket back to Malang just too close to new semester, so I don't think we could make it. So here I am, travelling through cities alone. I was taking economic train too Malioboro Ekspres which only cost 140,000 IDR. Before my boarding, I was little confused to get to the destined platform. All the railway was fenced. But nobody was there. But somehow I found two security guards chit-chatting in a little room. They direct me to go downstair before going upstair depends on which platform I'm going.

Finally... I was on board. Just like other economic, the two seats meat other two seats. In front of me there is a couple (do not know whether they were married or not). But the woman is so kind to ask her man to help me put my belonging in the luggage rack. Then out of nowhere, the woman ask me if I was used to travel alone. I said, "No, this is my first time". She was speechless. According to how do I look, I seems younger than this couple. After that, she asked my reason to travel to Solo. I said, "Visit my best pal". And she was speechless over again. I do not know why I love to travel. Sweet escape from my routine, perhaps? Of course, like others do I prefer to travel in group. But sometimes, what we planned do not happen as we plan. So it's better for me to travel as I wish. But of course, I do still need a partner to travel with in my destination.

My train left early in the morning, around 08.00 and going to be arrive in Solo around 14.00. Why I use 'around'? If you're traveling with economic train, it's kinda hard to use 'sharp'. I do remember that my train was late-arriving, because I was sooo bored like I was gonna die. When I was arrived, I scream to death saw Sujan's face. But she was in shocked cause of my voice. Later she told me that in Solo, the citizen has lower volume when they spoke, and it was obvious that I came from Jakarta. I don't think people from Jakarta would speak in higher volume, but based on my observation I spoke in excitement that could not even dodge higher volume coming out from my mouth. HEHE.

In Solo, we only had around one or two days free before Sujan start new semester. We decided to go to Keraton Solo using Batik Solo Trans. In Jakarta we have Transjakarta, right? In Keraton, we met our other pal: Nieko. That day, we had Soto as our lunch in a restaurant near Keraton. Finally, "Soto" a traditional food. Before what do I eat is Pizza Hut, KFC, Indomie, all the food that I could find in Jakarta as well. Feel so refreshened. Ah, I was took a lot a picture. But, I couldn't find any picture of it by now.

My visit to Solo this time I could not taste any other traditional food, and the only public place I visit beside department store is only Keraton Solo. Sujan said, that it was hard to reach good places in Solo if we do not have private transportation, so she suggested to go to Jogja. She told me the night before that we need to go to train station early in the morning in order to get ticket. But you know, we reach train station by 8 and there is no ticket left. Then we decided to take a taxi. We were being deceived literally, they set minimum payment higher. And here we go to Jogja!

No comments:

Post a Comment